About The Class
- 1st and 2nd Saturday, every other month. (At registration select your dates)
- 9:00 am – 11:30 am, doors open at 8:45 am.
- $50.00 first person, $40.00 additional person in your group. ( If you are registering more than 2 people, please use the contact form to contact Lancaster Art Room for registration)
- Age restricted to 6+, class size is 10 people max.
- Participants will each make a mug and small snack plate.
- All supplies including tools, clay and glaze are included.
- Clay is dirty, bring an art shirt or apron to wear.
- Clay projects will not be ready to go home until dried and fired, pick-up will be at earliest, the following week. You will be contacted when you can pick-up.
This multi age class is the perfect opportunity for a couple of friends, couples or parent/grandparent and child to get your hands dirty and learn a new skill. Singles are encouraged and very welcome! This will be a slab clay class, very different from the potter’s wheel.
Week one you will learn how to roll the clay into a slab, add texture, and then form and assemble the mug. You will also design and press a small snack plate.
Week two you will smooth out any imperfections, stamp your name on the bottoms and paint the two pieces. Each project will be hand painted with under glaze, fired, then fired a second time with a clear glaze to make each piece dish washer safe.